A Michiana summer tradition returns!
The Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival is back in full swing beginning July 15, 2022, with our Community, Touring, and Professional Companies staying busy with dozens of performances across the region. Read on to learn more!
Shakespeare After Hours (NDSF Community Company)
An audience favorite since its first performance in 2017, Shakespeare After Hours returns in grand style! This wild night of boozy, bawdy, and raucous entertainment takes audiences on a whirlwind tour through Shakespeare's scandalous side. Staged for the first time in South Bend's beautiful Howard Park, Shakespeare After Hours is the perfect way to kick off a summer filled with delightful theatre. The NDSF Community Company presents Shakespeare After Hours in two performances Only 2 performances, indoors at Howard Park's Community Building, at 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., Friday, July 15. Ages 18+ only; tickets on sale now at shakespeare.nd.edu.
ShakeScenes (NDSF Community Company)
A Michiana summer tradition since 2004, ShakeScenes returns to Notre Dame's Washington Hall for another year of delightful, family-friendly entertainment. Get set for two hours of adorable, moving, and hilarious entertainment, featuring scenes from and inspired by Shakespeare performed by elementary-age children from across Michiana. This FREE performance from the NDSF Community Company begins at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 16, in Notre Dame's beautiful Washington Hall. No tickets required; please click this link for important parking information.
All's Well That Ends Well (NDSF Touring Company)
The NDSF Touring Company hits the road for the first time since 2018 with All's Well That Ends Well, performing at parks and theaters across Michiana beginning July 16! This tuneful new staging of Shakespeare's comedy, directed by NDSF veteran Scotty Arnold, features live music performed by the cast. 10 FREE performances across Michiana, July 16 through August 22. Tour schedule:
- Saturday, July 16: Main Quad, Notre Dame IN, 5:30 p.m. (PREVIEW)
- Sunday, July 17: Gabis Arboretum, Valparaiso IN, 7:00 p.m. (EDT) / 6:00 p.m. (CDT)
- Thursday, July 21: Goshen Theater, Goshen IN, 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 22: Central Park, Mishawaka IN, 7:00 p.m
- Saturday, July 23: Elkhart Public Library, Elkhart IN, 7:00 p.m
- Thursday, July 28: Fernwood Botanical Gardens, Niles MI, 7:00 p.m
- Friday, July 29: Krasl Art Center, St. Joseph MI, 7:30 p.m
- Saturday, July 30: Potawatomi Park, South Bend IN, 7:00 p.m
- Friday, August 5: Wellfield Botanic Gardens, Elkhart IN, 7:00 p.m
- Saturday, August 6: Dewey Cannon Park, Three Oaks MI, 6:30 p.m
- Monday, August 22: Main Quad, Notre Dame IN, 6:30 p.m.
Romeo and Juliet (NDSF Professional Company)
OPENING NIGHT AUGUST 18, 2022. Shakespeare's iconic tale returns! The NDSF Professional Company proudly presents its new staging of Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare's classic tale of star-crossed love and brewing tragedy. Directed by Chris Anthony, Romeo and Juliet returns to Notre Dame stages for the first time in 18 years. 14 performances from August 16-28, 2022, in the beautiful Patricia George Decio Theatre at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center. Tickets on sale now.
Stay up to date on all the latest info on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages, or right here at shakespeare.nd.edu.