South Bend's professional musical theatre company Art 4 closes out the NDSF 2020 online event series with a special performance of songs from and inspired by the works of William Shakespeare. This exclusive premiere event features local talent performing outdoors at multiple locations across the campus of the University of Notre Dame.
This event will be available on the Shakespeare at Notre Dame YouTube page beginning at 7:00 p.m., August 4.
Cast List in Order of Appearance
- John Banes
- Michelle Miller
- Mark Albin
- Pierre Cooks
- Laurisa LeSure
- James Savannah
- "Romeo and Juliet" from Reefer Madness by Dan Studney and Kevin Murphy
- "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" from Kiss Me, Kate by Cole Porter
- "Welcome to the Renaissance" from Something Rotten by Karey Kirkpatrick and Wyne Kirkpatrick
- "Magic to Do" from Pippin by Stephan Schwartz
- "Just Can't Wait to Be King" from Disney's The Lion King by Elton John and Tim Rice
- "The Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book by Terry Gilkyson
- "Is This Not Love" from Twelfth Night by Shaina Taub
- "I Love the Way" from Something Rotten by Karey Kirkpatrick and Wyne Kirkpatrick
- "To Thine Own Self Be True" from Something Rotten by Karey Kirkpatrick and Wyne Kirkpatrick
Art 4's new program ShowTunes Sunday raises relief funds for artists who've been financially impacted by COVID-19. On a weekly basis, Art 4 teams up with local artists to create music videos of musical theatre numbers, and hosts weekly fundraisers for artists in need. Shakespeare at Notre Dame is excited to join forces with Art 4, South Bend's professional musical theatre company, for a special installment of this program - ShowTunes Shakespeare! This first-time collaboration will feature local artists performing musical theatre tunes, all inspired by the Bard himself. Join us August 4 for this premier performance, and to help raise funds for artists who need our support. Together, we can ensure that the arts not only survive, but thrive during these challenging times.
Art 4 is a professional musical theatre production company integrating four different mediums of art - performing, visual, literary, and culinary - to cultivate unique arts experiences that engage our community. We believe art should be accessible to all people and that all artists should be compensated for their contributions. Art 4 is committed to partnering with local artists and businesses to build a stronger and more economically prosperous future for all.
Art 4 is a 501(c)3 organization and incorporated with the state of Indiana. All donations are tax deductible.
To learn more about Art 4, visit art4sb.org.