The 2018 Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival's Professional Company production of Shakespeare's classic tragedy Othello - fifteen performances only!
Passed over for promotion by General Othello, Ensign Iago embarks on a perilous emotional ruse: to convince Othello that his wife Desdemona is unfaithful, leading to the general’s most searing battle: against green-eyed jealousy.
A story of trust twisted into violence, and beauty lost to terror, Othello is directed in a contemporary staging by Cameron Knight (last year’s memorable Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing), and features Robert Ramirez as Iago, with stage and screen actor Esau Pritchett in the title role.
- Michael Coffee: The Judge of Venice
- Patrick Bondy: Brabantio
- Corey Farrell: Lodovico / Ensemble
- *Esau Pritchett: Othello
- Ken Miller: Cassio
- *Robert Ramirez: Iago
- *Paul Hurley: Roderigo
- Montano: Mehmet Aksoy / Ensemble
- Ethan Jones Romero: Clown / Ensemble
- Delaney Feener: Desdemona
- *Maggie Kettering: Emilia
- Danielle Troiano: Bianca / Ensemble
- Tyrel London: Ensemble
- Mary Elsa Henrichs: Ensemble
- Eric Ways: Ensemble
- Kayla Rundquist: Ensemble
- Dana Gary: Ensemble
- Elana Weiner-Kaplow: Ensemble
* This artist appears through the courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.
- Directed by Cameron Knight
- Lighting design by Kevin Dreyer
- Costume design by Sarah J. Smith
- Production management by Don Hunter
- Properties by Michaela Duffy & Jen Kazmierczak
- Wig design by Sarah Bussard
- Stage management by Katie Shade
- Scenic design by Marcus Stephens
- Original music and sound design by Kevin Krizmanich
- Tuesday, August 14: 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Wednesday, August 15: 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Thursday, August 16: 7:30 p.m. (Season Gala 6 p.m.)
- Friday, August 17: 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19: 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21: 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 22: 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 24: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (Relaxed, ASL-signed matinee)
- Saturday, August 25: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26: 2 p.m.