Petruchio, the fortune seeker. Katherina, the shrew. Is it love at first sight—or war? Discover new layers of Shakespeare’s enduring (and controversial) battle of the sexes, The Taming of the Shrew, brought to life by a dynamic five-actor ensemble.
The Actors From The London Stage ensemble deftly combines innovative staging with essential props and simple costumes. Each actor shares responsibility for the direction of the play and performs two or three major roles (as well as several minor ones). Through imagination and collaboration, the cast conjures Shakespeare's immortal words and worlds into being.
Founded in 1975 by Sir Patrick Stewart and Homer "Murph" Swander, Actors From The London Stage (AFTLS) tours the United States each spring and fall. The troupe is made up of a rotating cast of five classically-trained British actors from such prestigious companies as Shakespeare’s Globe, the National Theatre, the Royal Shakespeare Company, and others.
- Lizzie Hopley: Kate / Biondello / Pedant
- Carl Prekopp: Petruchio / Curtis
- Tom Kanji: Lucentio / Gremio / Widow / Vincentio / Nathaniel
- Evelyn Miller: Bianca / Tranio / Haberdasher / Tailor
- Chris Donnelly: Baptista / Grumio / Hortensio
SPRING 2018 TOUR SCHEDULE:
- February 25 - March 4: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- March 5 - March 11: University of Wisconsin Green Bay, Green Bay, WI
- March 12 - March 18: Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, NJ
- March 19 - March 26: Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
- March 26 - April 1: Shakespeare Association of America, Los Angeles, CA
- April 2 - April 8: Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- April 9 - April 15: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- April 16 - April 22: Kahilu Theatre, Waimea, HI