The 2018 Notre Dame Shakespeare Festival's Professional Company production of Shakespeare's classic tragedy - fifteen performances only!
Passed over for promotion by General Othello, Ensign Iago embarks on a perilous emotional ruse: to convince Othello that his wife Desdemona is unfaithful, leading to the general’s most searing battle: against green-eyed jealousy.
A story of trust twisted into violence, and beauty lost to terror, "Othello" is directed in a contemporary staging by Cameron Knight (last year’s memorable Benedick in "Much Ado About Nothing"), and features Robert Ramirez as Iago, with stage and screen actor Esau Pritchett in the title role.
- Tuesday, August 14: 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Wednesday, August 15: 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Thursday, August 16: 7:30 p.m. (Season Gala 6 p.m.)
- Friday, August 17: 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19: 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21: 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 22: 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 24: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (Relaxed, ASL-signed matinee)
- Saturday, August 25: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26: 2 p.m.