The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice
Directed by Cameron Knight
“There's magic in the web of it.”
Passed over for promotion by General Othello, Ensign Iago embarks on a perilous emotional ruse: to convince Othello that his wife Desdemona is unfaithful, leading to the general’s most searing battle: against green-eyed jealousy.
A story of trust twisted into violence, and beauty lost to terror, Othello is directed in a contemporary staging by Cameron Knight (last year’s memorable Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing), and features Robert Ramirez as Iago, with stage and screen actor Esau Pritchett in the title role.
August 14–26, 2018
Patricia George Decio Theatre
DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
Performance Dates and Times
- Tuesday, August 14: 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Wednesday, August 15: 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Thursday, August 16: 7:30 p.m. (Season Gala 6 p.m.)
- Friday, August 17: 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 19: 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21: 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 22: 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 24: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (Relaxed, ASL-signed matinee)
- Saturday, August 25: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26: 2 p.m.